El siguiente writing que os pongo hoy aquí se trata de una story en la que el alumno ha escrito algo que le pasó curioso a él. El writing es real, lo ha hecho un alumno mío, Vicente B., y ahora yo se lo corrijo para que alumn@s como tú se puedan beneficiar de los writings de otr@s. Don’t you think knowledge sharing is something interesting? I really do!
En este tipo de writings, stories, se requiere una gran variedad de tiempos verbales (tenses), cosa que, como ahora comprobaréis, se cumplen en esta redacción.
En rojo voy a señalar los errores, que corregiré poniendo entre paréntesis la versión correcta, y en azul lo positivo, tanto a nivel de vocabulario como de gramática. Recuerda que para cualquier examen, en la Escuela Oficial de Idiomas, por ejmplo, o en cualquier otra institución, debes demostrar un buen nivel de riqueza lingüística.
El nivel de este writing es B1.
happens (happened) to me just ten days ago, in the middle of the night. I was sleeping when suddenly the phone rang. I woke up and I had to pay attention to what that sound was.
Despite the fact that I was still asleep, I picked the phone up. To my surprise, it was an unknown person who started to speak to me as if I knew him, but I didn’t, at least
in at the beginning.
Then, I tried to stop him, but he can’t (couldn’t) help talking as much as he could, so I had to hang up.
Five minutes later, the phone rang again and then I realized that the person I had spoken to before had been my close friend Santi and I couldn’t believe that I
didn’t be (wasn’t) able to recognize him.
Finally, he explained to me that he had had problems with his car going to the airport to pick his sister up. He
pretended I gave (wanted me to give) him the phone number of a breakdown truck.
In spite of the inconvenience, it was a funny story, which even nowadays we often remember and burst into laughter.
- Variedad de tiempos verbales: I was sleeping when the phone rang, I had to pay, had spoken, had been, had had
- Indirect question: I had to pay attention to what that sound was
- Phrasal verbs: pick his sister up
- Verb + preposition: explained to me, speak to me
- As if + past simple: as if I knew = como yo si lo conociera
- Vocabulary: to my surprise, pick up, burst into laughter, unkown, hang up, couldn’t help + ing
- Connectors: despite the fact that, in spite of, finally
- Problema en algunos tiempos verbales, presente simple en lugar de pasado. Esto es un error importante a este nivel, por lo que conviene evitar.
Vale, pues esto es todo. Si tienes preguntas, déjame un comentario y te las resolveré.